540 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of twenty-four divisors.
Prime factorization of 540:
22 × 33 × 5
(2 × 2 × 3 × 3 × 3 × 5)
22 × 33 × 5(2 × 2 × 3 × 3 × 3 × 5)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 540 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 540
- Cardinal: 540 can be written as Five hundred forty.
- Scientific notation: 5.4 × 102
Factors of 540
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 6
- Sum of prime factors: 10
Divisors of 540
- Number of divisors d(n): 24
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 1680
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1140
- 540 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1140) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 600
Bases of 540
- Binary: 10000111002
- Hexadecimal: 0x21C
- Base-36: F0
Squares and roots of 540
- 540 squared (5402) is 291600
- 540 cubed (5403) is 157464000
square rootof 540 is 23.2379000773
cube rootof 540 is 8.1432528501
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 540?
- 540 seconds is equal to 9 minutes.
To count from 1 to 540 would take you about four minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 540 cubic inches would be around 0.7 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 540
- 540 backwards is 045
- 540 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 540's digits is 9
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 540 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 23 October 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 540 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 23 October 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/540/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 540 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/540/
The information we have on file for 540 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!