984 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of sixteen divisors.
Prime factorization of 984:
23 × 3 × 41
(2 × 2 × 2 × 3 × 41)
23 × 3 × 41(2 × 2 × 2 × 3 × 41)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 984 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 984
- Cardinal: 984 can be written as Nine hundred eighty-four.
- Scientific notation: 9.84 × 102
Factors of 984
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 5
- Sum of prime factors: 46
Divisors of 984
- Number of divisors d(n): 16
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 2520
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 1536
- 984 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (1536) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 552
Bases of 984
- Binary: 1111011000 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x3D8
- Base-36: RC
Squares and roots of 984
- 984 squared (9842) is 968256
- 984 cubed (9843) is 952763904
square rootof 984 is 31.3687742827
cube rootof 984 is 9.9463796665
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 984?
- 984 seconds is equal to 16 minutes, 24 seconds.
To count from 1 to 984 would take you about eight minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 984 cubic inches would be around 0.8 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 984
- 984 backwards is 489
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 984's digits is 21
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 984 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!