840 is an even composite number. It is composed of four distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of thirty-two divisors.
Prime factorization of 840:
23 × 3 × 5 × 7
(2 × 2 × 2 × 3 × 5 × 7)
23 × 3 × 5 × 7(2 × 2 × 2 × 3 × 5 × 7)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 840 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 840
- Cardinal: 840 can be written as Eight hundred forty.
- Scientific notation: 8.4 × 102
Factors of 840
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 4
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 6
- Sum of prime factors: 17
Divisors of 840
- Number of divisors d(n): 32
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 2880
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 2040
- 840 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (2040) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 1200
Bases of 840
- Binary: 11010010002
- Hexadecimal: 0x348
- Base-36: NC
Squares and roots of 840
- 840 squared (8402) is 705600
- 840 cubed (8403) is 592704000
square rootof 840 is 28.9827534923
cube rootof 840 is 9.4353879607
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 840?
- 840 seconds is equal to 14 minutes.
To count from 1 to 840 would take you about seven minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000. (We do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!)
- A cube with a volume of 840 cubic inches would be around 0.8 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 840
- 840 backwards is 048
- 840 is a
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 3
- The sum of 840's digits is 12
- More coming soon!
Link to this page
HTML: To link to this page, just copy and paste the link below into your blog, web page or email.
BBCODE: To link to this page in a forum post or comment box, just copy and paste the link code below:
Cite this page
"Number 840 - Facts about the integer". Numbermatics.com. 2019. Web. 15 November 2019.
Numbermatics. (2019). Number 840 - Facts about the integer. Retrieved 15 November 2019, from https://numbermatics.com/n/840/
Numbermatics. 2019. "Number 840 - Facts about the integer". https://numbermatics.com/n/840/
The information we have on file for 840 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!