1840 is an even composite number. It is composed of three distinct prime numbers multiplied together. It has a total of twenty divisors.
Prime factorization of 1840:
24 × 5 × 23
(2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 5 × 23)
24 × 5 × 23(2 × 2 × 2 × 2 × 5 × 23)
See below for interesting mathematical facts about the number 1840 from the Numbermatics database.
Names of 1840
- Cardinal: 1840 can be written as One thousand, eight hundred forty.
- Scientific notation: 1.84 × 103
Factors of 1840
- Number of distinct prime factors ω(n): 3
- Total number of prime factors Ω(n): 6
- Sum of prime factors: 30
Divisors of 1840
- Number of divisors d(n): 20
- Complete list of divisors:
- Sum of all divisors σ(n): 4464
- Sum of proper divisors (its aliquot sum) s(n): 2624
- 1840 is an abundant number, because the sum of its proper divisors (2624) is greater than itself. Its abundance is 784
Bases of 1840
- Binary: 11100110000 2
- Hexadecimal: 0x730
- Base-36: 1F4
Squares and roots of 1840
- 1840 squared (18402) is 3385600
- 1840 cubed (18403) is 6229504000
square rootof 1840 is 42.8952211791
cube rootof 1840 is 12.2538513505
Scales and comparisonsHow big is 1840?
- 1,840 seconds is equal to 30 minutes, 40 seconds.
To count from 1 to 1,840 would take you about thirty minutes.
This is a very rough estimate, based on a speaking rate of half a second every third order of magnitude. If you speak quickly, you could probably say any randomly-chosen number between one and a thousand in around half a second. Very big numbers obviously take longer to say, so we add half a second for every extra x1000.
Note: we do not count involuntary pauses, bathroom breaks or the necessity of sleep in our calculation!
- A cube with a volume of 1840 cubic inches would be around 1 feet tall.
Recreational maths with 1840
- 1840 backwards is 0481
- The number of decimal digits it has is: 4
- The sum of 1840's digits is 13
- More coming soon!
The information we have on file for 1840 includes mathematical data and numerical statistics calculated using standard algorithms and methods. We are adding more all the time. If there are any features you would like to see, please contact us. Information provided for educational use, intellectual curiosity and fun!